A Cult-Favorite Hairstyling Tool
The Revlon Round Brush has been around for years; however, I do not feel that they have taught their audience how to use it properly! Over the past two years during this ongoing Revlon trend, I have had many guests express concerns of hair damage.
While consulting with my guests I have found out that they use this tool constantly, even with heat protection, and experience major frizz, dryness, and even breakage.
Revlon and other brands have caused a lot of tension and pulling on their hair. It can also gets HOT. This tool can be very damaging if not used properly.
The problem these brands have encountered is that they have not explained to their audience how to use the tool correctly. These products have been promoted to dry the hair and style it all together. Sadly, this is not true.
This tool was made for easy styling, but it can really affect the health of your hair!
If you're ready to give up the Revlon and purchase some higher quality tools and or a traditional blow-dryer, here are my personal suggestions:
Read my review about this amazing dryer in my Blog: Why You Need to Invest in a Good Hair Dryer
Find more of my favorite tools in my blog: Best Hot Tools | Recommended by The Top NJ Hair Stylists
Here are the best tips when using the Revlon Blow Dry Brush or similar tools:
- DRY your hair first. I know this is counter intuitive, but it is important to use this tool on dry hair. It is made to give volume and style, not dry your hair for you. Make sure you rough dry your hair at least 75-80% before using this type of hair tool.
- Do not use this tool every day. This tool will constantly pull and snag the hair which can cause breakage. Maybe aim for only a couple times a week.
- HEAT PROTECT, heat protection is important for all heat styling, but these tools have direct contact with the hair, and it needs to be protected. Read my blogs for recommended products to find a good heat protectant for your hair. Here are some of my favorite heat protectants:
Milk Shake incredible milk is an intense leave-in spray mask hair treatment that performs twelve actions: protects hair from UV rays; repairs all hair types; maintains color; protects from heat; detangles; maintains hair style; adds maximum shine; creates body and volume; controls frizz; banishes and prevents split ends; easy straightening; and smooths the cuticle.
How do you use Milk Shake Incredible Milk?
- Apply to clean damp hair
- Distribute and follow with the most suitable styling products
Moroccanoil's All in One Leave-in Conditioner. This exceptional, feather-light formula is expertly crafted to provide instant hydration and effortless detangling, resulting in luxuriously soft, smooth, and manageable hair.
Enriched with the rejuvenating power of argan oil, this versatile leave-in conditioner delivers essential nourishment and hydration to your tresses. Its comprehensive formula safeguards against thermal damage and breakage caused by heat styling tools and defends your hair against environmental aggressors.
- Instantly hydrates and detangles for superior manageability
- Protects against thermal damage and breakage from heat styling
- Enhances hair's natural softness, smoothness, and luminosity
- Infused with nourishing argan oil for a touch of indulgence
- Suitable for all hair types, including color-treated hair
Sudzz FX ColourFix Leave-In Conditioner i sa ultra-light formula rich in FXulites that helps restore hair and defends against daily environmental stresses.
ColourFix3 Complex: Protects and preserves semi, demi and permanent haircoloring, extending color longevity.
Aloe Vera, Avocado and Sunflower Extracts: Provides increased conditioning.
- Use a medium setting. These products have very high heat settings and is not needed for your hair if you are rough drying first. The higher heat setting will only cause more dryness and potential frizz.
For the best hair care tips check out these blogs!
Overall, the Revlon brush is not the worst thing on the market, it can do the job, do I think there's better options, yes! If you want other options or suggestions leave a comment below or message me on Instagram @themanebri. As long as you follow these guidelines, there is nothing wrong with using a budget friendly product if you are happy with the results, just remember healthy hair is happy hair!